Did you know that more children will be diagnosed with autism than with AIDS, diabetes, and cancer combined?
In America, one in every sixty-eight children is diagnosed with autism. This means that thousands of families will receive the diagnosis that their precious son or daughter has an autism spectrum disorder.
With diagnosis increasing at such an alarming rate, how can parents be equipped to confidently raise children with autism?
One piece of the puzzle is parental and personal advocacy. My mom encourages parents of special needs children, “Advocate, advocate, advocate, and when your child is mature he or she will be an advocate.”
In this – as in many other things! – my mom was right.
My name is Ron Sandison, and I have become an advocate. I have autism, and still, I’ve crossed every hurdle life has thrown at me. And I created Spectrum to help others to do the same.
Spectrum works to empower young adults with autism for employment and independence through mentoring and conferences.
Today, I invite you to …
- Read my story for a firsthand glimpse of life with autism (and the faith that helped me overcome obstacles).
- Browse my portfolio for inspiring posts and essays featured on major media sites.
- Visit my Speaking page to see how a self-advocate speaks to the challenges and opportunities of life on the autism spectrum.
- Pre-order my book, A Parent’s Guide to Autism: Practical Advice, Biblical Wisdom. It’s the first Christian book on autism written by an author who has Asperger’s Syndrome.
- Watch the I AM ABLE video, in which I encourage you to never allow autism to hold you back.
- Join the Spectrum mailing list so you won’t miss out on the latest news and updates!
Thank you for your encouragement and support!
Ron Sandison, Founder of Spectrum